Thursday, February 24, 2011

Why Patrick is Hilarious...

I don't like the word "stupid," but that doesn't mean I never say it.  For example, when I couldn't find a coat the other day, I muttered something about, "that stupid coat" which, of course, got the, "We don't say stupid!" from Donovan.
ANYWAY...the point of this is that I try to curb my own usage of the word and discourage the kids from using it.  Patrick went through a phase where he would get mad and just yell, "STUPID!" So...we taught him to say "Stupendous!"  It has worked very well and he rarely says either one at this point.  The other day, however, we were riding in the car.  Patrick was trying to put two pieces of a toy back together and he was struggling.  I asked him if he wanted help, but he told me he wanted to do it.  The next thing I knew, there was a shriek from the backseat, followed by, "YOU ARE NOT STUPENDOUS!" which was just about the funniest thing I have ever heard.  Even now, when I get frustrated, I am tempted to yell, "You are NOT stupendous!"
On a side note, Matilda now says something that sounds like, "stoop-IT" when she gets frustrated.  She makes the cutest face, so it is hard to be stern about it.  Usually just telling her to say, "sweet!" instead is enough...
I had no idea how much I'd have to watch my words when I had kids....
And I'll leave you with Patrick jumping like a crazy man at Kidmazium.

No comments:

Post a Comment