Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Clean House (and other things I know nothing about...)

I am not the kind of person whose house is always clean. I wish I could be that person, but it doesn't come naturally to me. I am (I admit!) envious of the houses I walk into with clean, bare counter tops and newly vacuumed floors. I seem to live in a world where even if I catch up, it all goes downhill very quickly. If you dropped by my house RIGHT NOW...you would see this:





But...odds are good that if you came to my house, unannounced, on any given day-you would see this:


I really do try, but with three kids and a husband...well, it doesn't take long to get back here.
My mom said to me, "Molly, you're a good mom. Cleaning just isn't your thing..." Ouch! She meant well, though...and it never has been and probably never will be "my thing"...but I DO think that around here we pay a certain amount of attention to other very important things...like making time for this:
So...Clean House, you will continue to live in my dreams. I'll take this.

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you. Enjoy the kids - kids don't keep, a house can. You'll have a spotless house one day and it may feel a bit too quiet and empty. With seven people in our house I can never promise it looks tidy or that the bathroom is clean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a framed quote in my house that says "Please excuse the messy house my kids are making memories"!

    Congrats on your new blog!!

    Christi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only have one child and my house looks like a tornado and a hurricane went through it so yours would be a dream for me. :)

    ReplyDelete