Thursday, March 10, 2011

Parenting: Who Knows What They Are Doing?

I started the van post, but I keep putting it off.  Now I've pressured myself into MAKING that my next post, and I don't feel like writing it, so I just haven't written.  Since that doesn't seem like a viable solution, I gave myself permission to skip it so I could take about something slightly more important.
As parents, WHAT ARE WE DOING?
Really, the more blogs I read and the more people I talk to in real life, I keep coming to the conclusion that no one knows what they are doing as parents.  As a kid, my parents seemed so adult.  I thought that when I grew up, there was some magic point where I went from feeling like a child to feeling like a grownup.  Guess what?  I'm 30 and it still hasn't happened.  I do lots of grown up things like making sure there is food in the house and the kids bathe regularly, but I still have times were I would like to sit around in my pajamas all day doing online shopping and reading books.  Maybe the line between being a grownup and not is just doing things because you have to and not because you want to...or not doing things you want to because you have other people to consider?  Feel free to weigh in...

No comments:

Post a Comment